About Fashion Heals
Fashion Heals for SickKids, is the fundraiser – and the fashion show – you’ll never forget.
Very little can compare to how you’ll feel watching SickKids patients – children and adults alike – and their devoted doctors and clinicians rock the runway in support of the hospital’s Innovation Grant for Paediatric Cancer Care and Research and the SickKids VS Limits campaign to build a new SickKids Hospital.
Our stylish 5th annual edition will be held on Wednesday, October 2nd, 2019 at the Atrium @ Ricarda’s. It’s a party for a cause – featuring fine food and drink, and Blake Carter and Peter Kash from FLOW 93-5.
And of course, there is the evening’s highlight: a one-of-a-kind fashion show curated by Toronto’s premier fashion consultancy, La Closette. You will get to see, first hand, how your contribution makes an impact on so many young lives. Rocking the runway will not only be SickKids patients, but also their doctors and staff – past and current. You’ll even hear from our very special patient ambassador and speak to people who have a direct connection to the hospital.
Guests can expect:
- Networking and mingling with like-minded professionals.
- Silent auction including a range of coveted items.
- To feel incredible about seeing – as they strut their stuff on the runway – the pride and excitement on the faces of the children, parents and clinicians you are helping.
Fashion Heals has committed to a goal of raising $1-million by 2024. It has raised $260,000 so far, which has helped fund two important initiatives:
- For young oncology patients, medical procedures can be very anxiety-and stress-inducing. In a truly fascinating example of innovation making a real impact, Dr. Jennifer Stinson has found ways to ease this anxiety by immersing patients in a virtual reality experience during certain procedures.
- It is important – to avoid giving children unnecessary therapies or side effects – for doctors to identify the differences in their brain tumours. Neuropathologist Dr. Cynthia Hawkins has created testing that accomplishes just this, thereby enabling doctors to give patients the right treatment at the right time.
Watch this interview with Dr. Hawkins to learn more about the many ways your contribution is making a difference!
“The money raised by Fashion Heals will enable a member of our team, whether clinician, scientist or nurse, to pursue a new idea that otherwise they could not explore due to lack of funding. Your support will make an impact in the lives of children who suffer from cancer, not only in Toronto and across Canada, but around the world.”
Dr. Jim Whitlock, Division Head and Women’s Auxiliary Millennium Chair in Haematology/Oncology and Director of the Garron Family Cancer Centre at SickKids